• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Should be interesting to see how high these two NES prototypes go for.

they are just rom carts? I assumed you meant a fsmicom prototype or american early nes prototype. Still thats crazy money.

they are just rom carts? I assumed you meant a fsmicom prototype or american early nes prototype. Still thats crazy money.

Wow! Those both went for some serious moolah. Especially the first one.

Last edited:
What would be the benefit of owning the only sourcecode to an unreleased game? How would you recoup your losses? I just dont understand it.

What would be the benefit of owning the only sourcecode to an unreleased game? How would you recoup your losses? I just dont understand it.
Oh man, if you really want to go there...

Preface, I have been in the arcade community / video game community for a long time, and have contributed ROM dumps to MAME myself. Most folks in the hobby are decent and will contribute unreleased ROMs if the game is abandonware etc.

Prototypes and lost revisions however, become interesting, because of people already hoarding the same. People literally hold games as unreleased to use as bargaining chips against [other?] greedy people who also hoard the protos or dumps.

The only incentive to buy one for a stupid high price is to make sure nobody can dump the ROM, so you can later sell it for a higher price, or scalp people to release the dump.

Back