• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Single Board Computers

I'll let that one go then. Would something like that one be good for me?

I looked into the specs of the Willem ones on Ebay, but they did not support the chip numbers I need.

One is a 2532 and I believe the other one to be a 2732.

When I read the specs for the Willem I found that it did support a 27(C)32 (is that the same or equivalent?). I might resort to using one of my PCs to read the ROM if those chips are supported.

Here are the supported chips of the Willem burner from Ebay:
EPROMS:
27C64, 27C128, 27C256, 27C512, 27C010, 27C020, 27C040, 27C1001
M27C1001, M27C2001, M27C4001
27C080 (A19) , M27C801, M87C257
27(C)16, 27(C)32
2764, 27128, 27256, 27512, 27010

This one just popped up on Ebay, and the software is on the net (I downloaded it): http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Needha...907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5c9494b

Last edited:
The 5.0 reads the 2732's haven't tried it with the 2532's.
Some other Willem ones do, like:
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=4282
or (cheaper)
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4225
For a supported device and adapter list,
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/mcumall_TrueUSBWillemsupportICs.asp
These guys actually make them, so if you want any support, I'd buy from them.
I don't know how much you want to spend...
patscc

Last edited:
The mcumall ones are very nice. I am considering those, but they are a bit beyond what I feel like paying for one since I probably won't need to use it too often. I might decide to buy one in the future because they support a whole lot of chips including the ones I need.

My price range is $50-60 and lower.

Okay. I'll keep my eyes out for one.

I try to get the schematics and or manual scanned soon.

I thought I would give a quick update for the SBC-2001. I changed some of the jumper settings to the default the assembly instructions mentioned. The auto baud rate detection now functions properly. I still have the problem with the D command at 9600 baud, but I have a theory that 9600 baud might be faster than the program runs. I also noticed that the board is missing a couple of ICs. I checked the manual, and most of them are spares, but one or two are not. I will try to source those and place them in the empty sockets.

Well, @OC, here's the logo of the company that I recall:

73379822.jpg

They had the approach of using one Z80 as a supervisor with each user having his own Z80. Circa 1979-82 or so. You could have, IIRC, up to 16 Z80 user cards in a box.
acutaly Molecular had many versions biggest seller was the supermicro 8, but there was the supermicro 32 and even a supermicro 64. I have two supermicro 8,s and about 18 user cards. Ive got the first one running but have not even opened the second unit. I have the guts to two more units for spares. may sell some of the parts.

Here are some pictures of the Molecular Computers board.
View attachment 994705View attachment 994706

Some more news about the SBC-2001: I have been running the test for the D command which outputs the contents of the memory to the console. It seems that if I enter parameters greater than 0 the computer freezes up. Could the EPROM have lost some of its data? I do have the monitor listing if I need to re-assemble it.
that FPX board was a desperate lung of molecular trying to make there system a little faster. it had 128 megs of ram ver, 64K on the original FP board. My board can be made into a stand alone CP/M system with a rom change but dont know if the rom would work on the FPX. I cant remeber if its used as a single board if one could make it boot from the HD or not. the original systems came with a Priam 14 inch drive then a Priam 8 inch drive. after that they used a WD1000 MFM controler in place of the priam drives and used MFM drives. Mine has an Segate ST138 that works(for now) and I MAY be able to repplace it with a an MFM to CF card reader.
I have documentation and schematics for my systems but have nothing on the FPX board. like I said it was a last ditch effort for Molecular. one thing is I DO belive(if memory is correct) it will hook up to 5.25 floppy drives. I think the unit was in a machine called Durango F85. it was a word processing machine with a built in dasiy wheel printer,two floppys and two user boards. https://www.sydex.com/durango/durango.html or the Durango Poppy https://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/998/retro-scan-of-the-week-the-poppy-computer. Molecular bought Durango trying to make a PC style computer but failed. ALL durango and Molecular systems depended on serial terminals, wher the IBM used graphics cards. there was only a couple of terminals back then that used graphics. one was Infocolor.

Attachments

• 20231210_221352.jpg
    20231210_221352.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
....built in NLQ dot matrix. printer for the F-85. The Poppy could run Xenix on an 80286/80186 setup. MCBA applications in multi-user mode (still have the source code). With the serial terminals, the odd thing was that the F85 with a 3.5MHz 8085 could run 4 terminals about as fast as the Poppy did.

....built in NLQ dot matrix. printer for the F-85. The Poppy could run Xenix on an 80286/80186 setup. MCBA applications in multi-user mode (still have the source code). With the serial terminals, the odd thing was that the F85 with a 3.5MHz 8085 could run 4 terminals about as fast as the Poppy did.
lol. thanks for the correction. im going on 40 year old memorys. kinda rusty. I wasnt at Molecular when they went and bought Durang. I only have vage memorys of it. I alway thoght it was wierd the way they went.

I was one of the original hires at Durango (low 2-digit employee number). I moved on around 1981--I could see trouble on the horizon. Still have the stock certificates.

I was one of the original hires at Durango (low 2-digit employee number). I moved on around 1981--I could see trouble on the horizon. Still have the stock certificates.
I was emplyeee #6 at Molecular, I understand about trouble on the Horizon.

I just acquired two SBC's. One of them is called The Bigger Board SBC-2001 Z80A manufactured by Business Information Systems. I have the manual with it, and it implies that a CP/M customized for it came with it. Can I modify CP/M myself?

I also have another SBC that does not have a name from what I can tell, but it is manufactured by Molecular Computers, and the numbers on it are 1000082 REV A FPX 80. 90272002 REV HI. Doing a search for it turns up nothing relevant. Do any of you know anything about this computer?

Thanks,
Old Computers
I MAY be able to help you get that SBC from Molecular working. I have two complete and working molecular systems and spare parts for two more. I also have spare Userboards, WD1000 MFM controlers and drive squencers. would love to help you.

Back