• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Smartwatch on a Model I

Tibs

Veteran Member
So...I have a model I with an EEPROM (27C256) with FreHD 1.3 and 1.2 on it and switchable. I'd like to get the smart watch working on this, but it says it cant be located (And I have a known good one that I am using to test, and have installed on the Model 4 just fine).

Tried both using the empty socked and piggy backing. I've looked at the schematic and data sheets and it looks like the essential pins are making it in. I suspect that A11/12/13 are part of the problem, since we wire them differently for the EEPROMS

Anyone ever tried this? (I know the FreHD has a clock, but this is for times when it doesnt have the FreHD in use).

Oh yeah, I'm using the SmartWatch utilities that work on the 1/3/4 if compiled with the correct flags set.

Now I could be doing something obviously wrong, but checked the docs more than once.

I was thinking I might need to make 20 and 23 from the EEPROM connect to the SmartWatch and bend those pins out from the smart watch, but not 100% sure on that and those pins are soooooo fragile on the smart watch.

Are you using the instructions from CN80? I put one in my Model I back in the early 90s and I'm not sure from memory if it's just plug in or needs extra wiring...

Ian.

Yeah it should just go in but I think it might still need pin 23 from the eerpom. I’ll try that tomorrow. It’s a D rev board. Does work in another system but G rev that is stock. Everything I have read says it looks for a pattern of 64 bytes and timing is important. I was going to connect 20 as well and bend it out. Kind of like the eeprom is but isolate from socket.

And I’m about to toss this smartphone across the room because it keeps popping us emoticon keyboard and dictation.....how far we have gone indeed

Back