• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

So where did all the Sensations go?

Hey everyone. Bringing up a slightly older thread at this point, but I just registered as i'm quite happy to see people still talking about the Tandy Sensation! 25-1650. It was my first computer back in 1993 at 12-ish years old. Paper route money convinced my folks to let me buy it and that's what started me on my eventual career. Fun fact, I still have my original one, minus the monitor. AND.... i may very well be the purchaser of one of the Ebay listings you've mentioned. I had to replace the motherboard as it died sometime in the last 10 years (was off, on a shelf and was dead when i tried it) and got lucky enough to find a motherboard for sale on Ebay. Well, since then i've now purchased 2 additional 25-1650's as spares. One of them is bone stock except for a DOM (Disk on Module) 512mb hard drive because i frankly couldn't stand the whining noise of the old 106.9mb Hard drive anymore. Another has been FULLY upgraded. 64mb of Ram (book said 32 was max), 100mhz Evergreen Technologies Overdrive processor, 1mb Video (bought the 4 additional chips to bump it up), Sound Blaster 16 Pro sound card along with Creative Sound Blaster CD Drive, and a 1GB DOM. I also have an ISA 10base-T network card for it that's not installed right now and I didn't bother using an add-on video card as i'm not sure it's necessary. Now that it's got Sound Blaster 16 i can finally play 'Full Throttle' on the upgraded one haha. Adlib didn't work in DOS and the Sound Blaster Emulation in Windows 3.1 was too much work for the ol girl and ran very choppy.

Anyway, Below is a picture I took of the stock one today. I just love this computer and have spent WAY too much on spares/accessories. My most recent purchase was another 25-1650 and the ONLY reason I purchased it, was because it came with the tinted Tandy hard shell/keyboard dust cover you can see in the photo. Yes... $600 shipped for a Sensation, original keyboard/mouse, all books/documentation, and that keyboard cover. haha. And the computer was VERY yellowed from being in a smokers home. Magic Eraser cleaned up most of the outside and I have yet to clean it out inside. It looks ok inside though, except for the power supply. I'm gonna have to carefully get that cleaned out. Floppy and CD Drive are dead in it too :( . Original hard drive checks out though! Plus, it also came with the System Disc 1.3 and Data Disc 1.3, I only had one of them that was 1.3. My restore CD required Dos 5.0 but the ones i got this time were DOS 6.0 (wohoo haha).

Brian
2019-05-28 09.18.47.jpg

Bumping this old thread again as I just found it! I've had this since 1994; was the first PC I owned personally :)

20120325_194906.jpg
20120605_110631.jpg

Back