• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Software I found;

barryp

Experienced Member
I have found the following in a junk box:

Microsoft Windows/286 version 2.1 a set of 7 3½" 720KB disks.
Microsoft Windows/386 version 2.1 a set of 7 3½" 720KB disks.
Microsoft Excel for Windows version 2.1 a set of 5 3½" 720KB disks.

IBM Personal System/2 Personal productivity Programs disk - 1 3½" 720KB disk.
IBM Personal System/2 Entertainment Programs disk - 1 3½" 720KB disk.
IBM Personal System/2 Education Programs disk - 1 3½" 720KB disk.

AND, 5 3½" 720KB disks that might not all belong together and might not be a complete set, all labeled Microsoft Word;
Learning Microsoft Word and Advanced Lessons for Keyboard and Mouse disk 2.
Conversions/Drivers Learning Microsoft Word and Advanced Lessons for Keyboard and Mouse.
Microsoft Word Printer
Microsoft Word Network Version Utilities/Setup and Microsoft Spell
Microsoft Word Network Version Program and Thesaurus.

I'm inclined to reformat and reuse the disks unless someone wants them...

Awesome find!
Please don't reformat, originals are very hard to find, especially Windows 2 and those PS/2 disks.

I'd love them, but I figure you probably want someone more local.

The MS Word disks are for a DOS version; I think MS Word 4. Don't go discarding that one either. The network install disks were relatively rare and probably of interest to those that collect original disks.

I see disks like that sell for quite a bit on eBay all the time. People seem to love any early disks with "Microsoft" on them.

Sell those and buy a few boxes of blank floppies. :cool:

I would be interested as well...could trade for other 720K 3.5" disks...and pay shipping both ways or include extra disks or something. Mainly interested in the old Windows versions...

Wesley

I think I'll list them on eBay to see if there might be as much interest as y'all seem to think. I don't want to get rich, but...

Certainly understandable. Post the link(s) here so we can follow along and perhaps a few folks will bid. :)

My thinking was that international USPS is far too expensive.
Shipping to Europe, e.g., UK or Germany would run ~ $10.00.

Since you're not paying for the shipping why does it even matter how much it is? If a foreign buyer wants it he is prepared to pay the listed shipping cost.

Shipping to Europe, e.g., UK or Germany would run ~ $10.00.

Since you're not paying for the shipping why does it even matter how much it is? If a foreign buyer wants it he is prepared to pay the listed shipping cost.

If baryp did this on purpose then he definitely owes an apology because the first person who replied, and who seemingly wanted this badly, would be left out. On the other hand, baryp did say that he's "not very good at eBay" and I can certainly emphasize with that. :)

Ebay does everything in their power to screw as many people as possible just as a matter of course - starting with their UI. I haven't tried selling on eBay, but judging by the number of US sellers with seemingly nationalistic agendas, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of default which is difficult to override unless one is very experienced.

My thinking was that international USPS is far too expensive.

It is, it's ridiculous. Then they seem to play football with the package to top it off.
But we still pay it.

In my case it's because where I live PCs (in the 80s) were mostly used by businesses who threw them out. Most home owners had Spectrum, Amstrad, Commodore etc.
We're also 1/100th the size of the US, so collecting bits like these can be a lot harder. Right now I'm trying to get a PS/2 power supply - and the seller wont add shipping - I think because he thinks the same way - $50 shipping for a $20 item? But I need that power supply!

If baryp did this on purpose then he definitely owes an apology because the first person who replied, and who seemingly wanted this badly, would be left out. On the other hand, baryp did say that he's "not very good at eBay" and I can certainly emphasize with that. :).

Well he doesn't owe us anything. It's his stuff :) I'm just happy to see it not be used as blanks.

Back