• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Specifics on Model 1 Color Computer case disassembly

clh333

Veteran Member
I received by FedEx yesterday a Model 1 Color Computer (3004). Upon examination I discovered the bottom of the case was cracked in the left rear corner, near the transformer and power supply. This probably happened in transit.

This was an eBay purchase and with the consent of the seller I removed the upper case, the RF shield and the motherboard screws. In order to remove the motherboard it will be necessary to disconnect it from the power supply, and at this point I have stopped to ask how to proceed. Anything I should be careful of?

Thanks for your replies.
-CH-

Pretty straightforward, actually: The cardboard shield above the power supply which sits at the right rear of the case has two holes punched for access to screws anchoring the unit to the case. Detach the spade connectors (5 to motherboard and 3 from AC line) and lift the transformer and converter assembly out of its well. The motherboard can then be lifted straight up.

-CH-

edit: REF: https://web.archive.org/web/2012032... Technical Reference Manual (1981)(Tandy).pdf

Last edited:
Back