• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Storage shed of old computers

i call any ps/2 25s or original macs also since it was my first old computer i want an apple 2e so bad id pobably kill for one (that is if i really disliked the person ;) )

btw:if you cant tell im very needy lol

There's a few things I'm looking for:

1) Intel Above Board expanded memory cards (some have additional I/O ports-I believe these were called Above Board Plus).

2) AST Six Pak Premium cards. These were just like the AST Six Pak Plus cards we all know except they could also have expanded memory on the card in addition to just bringing up a computer to the base 640K. With an optional daughterboard, one could have 640K of base RAM and 640K of expanded RAM.

3) I'm also looking for a certain style of XT/AT clone case. They basically looked like an IBM 5170 AT case (one drive bay open, the other hidden behind the front panel.) However, they also had on the front panel-power, turbo and HDD LED's, plus a reset switch and often a turbo switch. All of these switches/LEDs were in the same small rectangular area where the front nameplate is on the 5170. These cases were used in a lot of XT clones back in the late 1980's. I can try to send you a picture if it will help.

4) A few XT type power supplies, exact wattage doesn't matter, just so they're not the 63 watt ones that came with the IBM 5150.

I sent you a PM yesterday, but don't know how often you check there.

Yeah, I got the e-mail. I already typed it up on my AT&T 6300(printer is on it), and have all of the list backed up on a 360K 5.25 floppy. I will do the same to all other requests.

--Ryan(can't wait 'till Saturday!)

How appropriate to type up a list of vintage computer requests on a vintage computer.

I'm glad to know they are getting some use, instead of just being relics.

How appropriate to type up a list of vintage computer requests on a vintage computer.

I'm glad to know they are getting some use, instead of just being relics.

i use my atari 800 to make greeting cards lol and my new apple poowerbook for school along with my toshiba satillite and unfortunately my 701c to clutter up my workbench/kitchen counter. the only old computr i have that i dont use is my timexsinclair (big fingers little keyboard lol) and well now that i think of it my p70 to bbs till it blew

Sorry to get you all excited. Turned out to be 2 meth-heads who didn't have a single item from the 80s. They must have been high when they said they had 80s and 90s computers. They started off wanting hundreds of dollars for stuff, but when I started to leave, they changed their minds. I got an Okidata/Okipage 20DX Laser printer, industrial use, with brand new toner for $6, a Tandy Tv tuner card in box with software for $6, DDR 266MHz 1GB RAM for $6, and two other sticks, one at 128MB(PC100) and another at 256MB(PC122) for an additional $5. So, I only paid $25 for the above items, all in great shape. The Tandy TV tuner looks brand new, not a speck of dust. The Oki has a tad of yellowing, as well as some dirt in the cracks. Prints out the XP testpage in 3 seconds flat.

--Ryan

Back