• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

keenerb

Veteran Member
I had one of these, I totally forgot about it until now. It was my step up from the single-game LCD tiger handhelds, before finally getting a real Gameboy...

this thing was TERRIBLE.

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
Howdy! Here's the first update for 2021, and boy is it a doozy! New content has been piling up for nearly a year now, but somehow I kept letting everything (and anything) get in the way of properly processing it all. Imagine that!! *wink*

Anyway! Let's itemize all the rad new scans that were added today:

- An Eagle Plan cartridge label variant.
- A better quality TV-Link Adaptor cartridge label.
- A complete TV-Link (NTSC) product set.
- An update to the TV-Link (PAL-B) product set.
- Chinese language instructions for 2-in-1 - Hash Block & Eagle Plan.
- English and Chinese language instructions for Treasure Hunter.
- English and Spanish language instructions for Crystball.
- A "new game cartridges" catalog from AudioSonic France (courtesy of Morgane Dumont).

Now if you'll excuse me, all this Supervision overindulgence has left me exhausted. I'd better go lie down.

https://www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
Did somebody say Tiger? Oh yeah!! The primary focus of today's update is the "Taike Boy" from Taiwan, a Supervision variant I have been on the lookout for since the dawn of the millennium. Naturally, I am pleased as Christmas punch to now have high-quality scans of its box, instructions, and game cartridge order form. And if you mosey on over to the scans page, you can have 'em, too!

Of hilarious note is the fact that both Street Fighter II and "Mortal Komba" are advertised on the front of the box, suggesting that these two high-profile game titles were on their way to the Supervision. Hogwash! Utter tripe! They were never on their way to the Supervision. (But then again maybe they were, it's difficult to say.) What a shameless way to try'n sell a doomed game system.

Also featured on the box is everyone's (other) favorite Supervision vaporware title, Devil Paradise. Good show, gentlemen: 3 out of 5 (or 60%) of the games shown on your packaging DON'T EXIST!

But, wait! There's more. I've also added:

- A set of Soccer Champion instructions in English, Dutch, and French.
- Scans of some French language product attention & warning labels.
- A better quality scan of the Sonny sticker.

taikeboy.jpg

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
Today I endured the drudgery of scanning a Supervision advertisement from our good ol' bosom chums at Goldnation, as well as, of all things, an official Supervision™ “Authorized Dealer” decal: unused, of course, because who would've cursed their business by actually displaying one of these in their shop window?!

Also, please note that the acronym for Supervision Authorized Dealer is, very appropriately, SAD.

Noticing the trademark symbol on the decal, I wondered, “Did they even file a trademark, or was that just another bunch of BS?” Well, slogging through the United States Patent and Trademark database, I discovered that yes! Indeed, the trademark was legitimately registered. The filing document downloaded from said database has also been added to the scans page.

Lastly for today: Do you remember all the way back to 2009 when I used the Super Fighter Team website design as a template for... this? No, you don't. Regardless, there's irony here! Because just last month, I redesigned the Super Fighter Team website using – wait for it – this website's design to inspire me. I've come full circle, and I am finally home.

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
the promotional art looks worse than the actual games.

Oh, isn't the art positively dreadful? And yet, I cannot look away. :eek: As a matter of fact, tracking down & scanning all the countless variations of it are some of my primary motivations behind all of this. Go fig.