• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Surgery

cgrape2

Experienced Member
Whenever you open up a PC to have a look at the "Guts",you are taking a calculated risk.In my case,I get the added "fun" of forgetting how it all goes back together.Recently I took apart a Fujitsu TeamPad Tablet PC to "Find" the Hard Drive.Well I broke that sucker down into all of it's sub assemblies and discovered that there was NO HD!What there was,was a Compact Flash Card Socket.Only then did I notice the slot to insert the card inside of the Battery Bay.I never saw it...Ok,since it's already taken down,I might as well look to see if the memory is upgradeable.Um...Nope.Alright(I thought),I know what I needed to know.It's time for reassembly....
Now the real "Fun" begins.I do try to make orderly groups of screws in the order I remove them.I take notes too as a backup to my memory.Well,forget it,that's NOT happening.I can only figure out where about 25% of the screws go,now.Alright...how about doing a check for "Life"?I dry fit it together and fire it up.To my delight,it lights up!Wow,it's not dead!(Whew!)It's still mostly unassembled,but at least I haven't claimed another "Victim".That thought is my solice.It may be mostly apart,but at least it will work when it,at last,is reassembled.
I have another TeamPad being sent to me.I'll use that to get this sucker back together.(Pretty good idea,I guess)
That;s my world.

I would be honored!
I just wanted to let you know that your entries are not only viewed, but read :)

yeah, I've been in the same boat, every time I take apart my 1100FD and put it together again, there's an 'extra' screw. Annoys the heck out of me.

Man,have I "Ben There",in spades!I think that Jorg's notion of "One Screw a Day" would be a good motto to follow!I measure my success at reassembly by the number of parts(Well,mostly screws,thank God)left over.
cgrape2

Back