• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SWTPC 6800/6809 Video Review and History

TanruNomad

Veteran Member
I put together a video on the history of this fantasic company. It was also a great excuse to show-off some of my rare collectibles, too. :cool:

Great video!

Very interesting SWTPC historical background!

I fell in love with the Tektronix 6800-based 4051 computer, using it in the 1970's - and have a working 19" 4054A that I have been recovering my old programs, and also have recovered many old program tapes and now 8" program disks.

Enjoyed the video. I'm trying to get 6809 UniFLEX fully up and running on one of my Corsham Tech 6809 boards. If anyone comes across any information please share. I did find a Techtronics AI board that used the UniFLEX OS. I still need to go through that document.

Are you part of the FLEX User Group Mailing list? Those guys are extremely helpful and many have access to lots of documentation. I would certainly ask them..

Brian
Excellent video, thank you for taking the time to put this together, it is a very nice piece of work!
I also liked the mention of Eugene Jarvis, and the ghost at 17:08 ; )
Best
Ted

Brian
Excellent video, thank you for taking the time to put this together, it is a very nice piece of work!
I also liked the mention of Eugene Jarvis, and the ghost at 17:08 ; )
Best
Ted

GIMIX had an interesting backstory that should probably be explored at some point. The Ghost systems used by Eugene Jarvis and Vid Kidz sold several years back on eBay for $1,825.

I got this error trying to join the flex user group list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE.

The response request that you sent recently contained invalid code.
As a result, no action was performed.

-----
This mail system is powered by Kerio Connect 8.5.0.

Back