• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

System Commander + Drive Overlay - is it possible?

pkhoury

Experienced Member
Like the title says, is it possible to use a drive overlay, but also use System Commander to select from a variety of OSes?
I have a PS/2 Model E 9333 that I'd like to install different OSes on it. DOS/Win3.11, Win95, OS/2, and maybe Linux or NT4. But... I have a limit of 512MB (thanks IBM).
I did get it to work with a larger drive before, albeit with only DOS. It would be nice to have a variety of OSes I can use.

I think it should be possible. I am using System Commander on a Gateway 2000 486DX2 with two hard drives, an 800MB and a 500MB. I am not sure but I don't think a Drive Overlay should prevent SC from doing it's thing. Are you concerned that SC won't be able to control the boot sector? I don't really know for sure.

I did have a weird situation with SC where it refused to work on my NEC 286. It said something like "you need at least a 286 to use this software". And of course it was a 286 but it wouldn't run. I used the next version of SC and it worked fine. So, there are quirks. I would just try it and find out.

Seaken

Back