• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South Tandon TM-502 10 MB MFM hard Drive

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
Up for sale I have 10MB Tandon TM=502 MFM Hard Drive. In functional codition. Has some files on it.
Asking US$175.00 plus shipping includes 8 bit controller and cables. tandon1.jpeg tandon3.jpeg

Let me guess. Lowball offers? I've got one of those drives in one of my systems, and as much as I like it, mine suffers from stiction and has developed some additional bad sectors over the years. I think mine has been stored inside all of its life but saw extensive use way back when. Got it from someone else around 1990. If I don't power it up for more than a week or so, I have to give it push to get it going. Thorough disk tests marked all weak sectors as bad - it is actually even formatted 15mb using an RLL controller, when it is running it is perfectly stable and usable.

Point is, if I were looking for a replacement I'd probably want more assurance that it was going to work and work well before shelling out $175.

I know a little on the high side I will sell just the drive for $100.00. I'll keep the controller and cables. So new price is $100 plus shipping I take paypal.

Last edited:
Back