• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000 HX plus cards, expansion

ryoder

I am trying to pimp out my HX.
I ordered a NEC V20 from China and it will arrive in about a month. Go figure.
So next I'd like to plug something else into it but it has plus card slots. Back in the day I bought a EEB1000 expansion box. It allowed you to plug 8 bit isa cards into a board that was connected via cable to the plus card.

What are my options? I don't really want to make my own plus card to isa adapter on my own. I'd rather buy one.

I'd like more storage, maybe an Ethernet card, a modem, a vga card, serial port, Disney Sound System, covox speech thing, hard drive. Anything that will work with the HX.

Thanks for any ideas.

I bought a plus to isa converter on eBay and installed it but I am still not able to boot off the compact flash.
The isa board should display some rom info but doesn't. The machine just boots to C then over to A with dos 2.
I tried the same compact flash and board in my RSX and it works fine. How can I get th HX to recognize the bios on the loach care? Is it possible that I installed it wrong? I followed the instructions the guy I bought it from provided.

Never mind. I got it to work.
The HX has a program called p.com on the C drive that gives you the option to startup off of the internal drive. When I chose this option the xt ide bios loaded. Fun fact, the large xt ide card can supply enough power to the compact flash adapter to not need the 3.5" power to be plugged in. The one designed for CF only does not, at least not for me, I have to plug power in or I get "missing command interpreter" errors after partially booting. Since my HX has no power plugs I moved the larger Lotech card from my RSX to the HX. The larger card supports hard drives and not just compact flash.

I'm glad you got it to work. Mine did not require power - at least not using the adapter I found from ebay.

Back