• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000 RL\RLX Power Supply

Compgeke

Veteran Member
I've got both a 1000 RL and RLX (got both at a yardsale for $1, had to pay $5 for the monitor for the RL) and at the time both were working. Now neither work due to power supplies. The RL power supply button is broken to where when you press it, it doesn't click into place to turn on the system and the RLX power supply button seems to press to the right side when you press it but not inwards.

So, I'm wondering if there is anywhere you can get a power supply for these since they look to be the same and I loved playing with Deskmate on the ROM (dead hard drive) since it was quite different.

Thanks!

If its just the button, you ought to be able wire around the front panel switch with something off the shelf at Radio Shack or any electronics parts source. I don't think you'd have much luck finding an original replacement unless you fall into another deal like the way you got the first two. There are a many people on this forum that have various Tandy parts squirreled away, so don't give up hope. If it was me, I'd try to repair the switch. If you don't have much or any experience solding, this would be a good opportunity to get your feet wet.

I'll try that, only using an AT power supply switch since I've got a couple of those and an external switch doesn't bother me a single bit. Also get better at soldering (all I've done is speakers).

Back