• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandy 1000 TX

wdatkinson

Experienced Member
I'm looking for a Tandy 1000 TX series computer, preferably with a hard drive and an EGA equivalent monitor. I'm want this machine to play a legacy video game.

A Tandy 1000 SL/TL series would also work.....

I'm willing to pay a fair price as well as shipping, unless you're in the Indianapolis area and would accept a pick-up.

Please feel free to PM or email me. Thanks!

Last edited:
I want to make sure that whatever monitor I can get will support the Tandy 16 Color mode. CGA was four color and EGA was 16, so I was thinking that I needed an EGA equivalent monitor to take advantage of the Tandy Extended Graphic capability.

It has been a while since I've had one of these machines.

I don't think you need an EGA for Tandy 16 color modes, I just use a Tandy CM-11 with my Tandy 1000HX. Wasn't EGA just like CGA except with a higher resolution?

CGA monitors can handle 16 colors just fine, because CGA supports 16 colors in text mode. EGA monitors are for 64 color modes, and the Tandy has none of those.

Back