• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000EX - ISA slot adapter and SCM-1a multifunction board

HoJoPo

Veteran Member
I just received a Tandy 1000EX I purchased off of eBay, with a home made plus to ISA slot cable adapter, WD-1004-27FX controller, Tandy 1000EX 640k/dma expansion, and a Progressive Computer Products SCM-1a dual serial / RTC card.

The SCM-1a may require a driver for the clock, but I haven't been able to find anything about the company. The built-in serial port is female, there is a male serial port on a cable. There are two 8250s on the card, so it does appear to be dual serial, not serial and parallel.

The ISA slot adapter is made using an FC-64P connector with two pins ground off the end (Tandy plus cards are 62 pin), with a 62 pin cable going to an ISA slot adapter. Pins 63 and 64 on the ISA slot are left open.

The system also came with an external MFM/RLL drive enclosure, and the cables, but no hard drive. I may be able to use this controller to resurrect my CDP PC clone, as it has a bad hard drive controller.

The only problem with the 1000EX is a missing caps lock keytop, the switch is intact and works fine. A have a 1000HX with a bad keyboard, I'm debating whether to salvage the keycap from it, or use the 1000EX keyboard to fix the HX. I already have another working HX and EX, so these both are spares....

If I can get the clock/serial working, I'm going to put it in my HX system that has the XT-IDE setup in it.

Back