• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

tandy 102 ideas

linemanduke

Veteran Member
What can i do with a tandy 102 without spending lots of money on add ons ( I can build cables and stuff but that's as far as ill want to go.) I have bought one and I'm kinda just trying to figure out something useful to do with it.

Also is there a way to list the files in the ram? its having issues opening schedule and address saying the files are not there.

What can i do with a tandy 102 without spending lots of money on add ons ( I can build cables and stuff but that's as far as ill want to go.) I have bought one and I'm kinda just trying to figure out something useful to do with it.

Also is there a way to list the files in the ram? its having issues opening schedule and address saying the files are not there.

I'm not that familar with the Model 100 but I THINK you need to create the necessary files for the scheduler and address book in TEXT first. A manual can be found on the club100 website.

As to present day uses assuming you don't want to add anything to it, it's handy as a portable text editor/note taker and for learning BASIC. Boots up straight away, runs for quite a while on batteries and is light and durable.

Any files in RAM can be seen immediately you turn it on as an entry in the file list. Assuming the batteries are ok, files are held in RAM even when the machine is switched off.

Personally I have a lot of fondness for this class of machine having used an NEC 8201a extensively (similar to the Model 100/102) for several years back in the day.

Tez

Back