• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 2500 XL/2

So, it was a 286? Wow. They sure did some different ones with the 2500 series. I'm also looking for the proprietary extra 256K ZIP VRAM for my 2500 SX/20 (which is a 386SX). Let me know if you find them. The tech specs mention nothing about what they're supposed to be, and my attempts to buy some on eBay resulted in failure (they were likely the wrong ones.)

I did put Windows 3.1 with the Tandy Sound driver on mine. The Tandy Sound Driver works pretty awesome and is the only vestige left of the T1000 on the unit.

Seems Radio Shack was trying to milk the Victor acquisition for all it was worth. Keeping the 2500 series alive for years. Even all future makes, up until RS sold to AST had the Victor stamp on them. Yea the Ram has been very difficult to find. There is someone on this forum that seems to have a very good handle on just what type of ram we need. Problem is that Ram is as rare as the computers it's going into. If I find anything I will keep you posted.
I am amazed at how much I could run threw the on board Tandy Sound System. Strange they would adjust in other areas (LPT Port). But they kept that On Board Sound well after its usefulness.

Back