• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

tandy 4016dx

286user

I recently got a tandy 4016dx. The floppy drive wasnt working nor the hard drive. I have since cleaned and lubed the floppy so it works now, and replaced the 104mb hdd it came with, with a known good and working 40mb hdd. The system has both memory cards needed to max it out but it currently only has 4mb ram. Anyway the system is working fine, but i do have one question, by one of the expansion slots there looks to be a burnt capacitor of some kind. Based on what ive done to the unit, including installing dos 6.0 on the hdd, it doesnt seem to affect any usage of the system. So im guessing that it would only affect a expansion card put in that slot next to the burnt component right? Also until i get a chance to solder a new one in it shouldnt cause any further damage other than the unit due to age right? I have since had it on for a couple of hours. My goal would be to max the ram out, i think it goes to 16mb, put a math co in it and upgrade the hdd to a bigger amount or even try one of that cf adapters to ide someday. Finally, as for that component thats burnt out its a capacitor i think, i did find the tandy service manual for various models and this one is covered but i couldnt get any additonal info as to what exactly that is if im wrong, i will attach photos of the area and component. ThanksIMG_1593.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1
Back