• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy CoCo 2 - how to get RF video to composite or HDMI?

k0d3g3ar

Experienced Member
I have a mint, basically "new in box" Tandy Color Computer 2 that I want to sell. This thing has never seen sunshine and is mint. I'm trying to show it as working to list it for sale. I have a composite to HDMI converter, that works fine with a CoCo 3 but the CoCo 1 & 2 only have RF outputs and I don't have a vintage TV set to show it. I know this unit works great - clicks when powered up, etc. but I need to show it working.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap RF modulator that works for these things, ideally to get output as Composite Video, VGA or HDMI? I'm not needing to pay a lot for one of these as it is really only to assist the sale of this unit (and a CoCo 1 that I also have) on eBay.

Thanks
Myles

An RF modulator takes Composite Video and Audio and makes RF. You need a TV tuner to receive Channel 3 or 4 to get a picture without modification to the Coco.

Tom

I have a mint, basically "new in box" Tandy Color Computer 2 that I want to sell. This thing has never seen sunshine and is mint. I'm trying to show it as working to list it for sale. I have a composite to HDMI converter, that works fine with a CoCo 3 but the CoCo 1 & 2 only have RF outputs and I don't have a vintage TV set to show it. I know this unit works great - clicks when powered up, etc. but I need to show it working.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap RF modulator that works for these things, ideally to get output as Composite Video, VGA or HDMI? I'm not needing to pay a lot for one of these as it is really only to assist the sale of this unit (and a CoCo 1 that I also have) on eBay.

Thanks
Myles

Find or borrow a VCR. They usually accept rf input and output composite to a tv.

Back