• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy DWP-230 - standard print wheels?

Tibs

Veteran Member
Do they use the standard plastic wheels still out there or did Tandy do their typical and make them "custom"?

It looks like it might take Canon wheels, I'll grab a cheap one and give it a try. Someone on here had the same printer and not sure if they gave up or not. I'll report back if it works or not. Really kind of cool having a daisy again, until the wheel disintegrated due to being so brittle. Wasn't stored in a good place.

I think the Qume, and other similar wheels will work as well. Catalog said it took standard diablo 630 wheels and that makes sense given the history.

Ok, so as an update, the Canon wheels are not set in the same order as the Tandy wheel. So, Diablo wheels match the few keys I still have on the broken wheel and I'll be testing out one of those next. Once I get a better idea of the wheels I'll let you guys know. This is probably something that would be good in the Model 2 archive since many businesses would have used one of these.

Now I could be real stubborn and use a device filter to translate all the keys to what they should be, but thats silly. But it would work.

Genuine Diablo wheels work perfectly in this one. Also, I took it apart and it appears it has a motor with "brother" on the sticker. Didn't think Tandy used them as a source. I didn't even know the made printers back then of this size.

Now, to go play with SCRIPSIT Pro and retro print a letter to someone, anyone haha.

Back