• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

TeleVideo 950 Maintenance Manual (now available)

Lorne

Veteran Member
With a TV910, 925 and a 950, I would search all over the web looking for something I could use for troubleshooting and repair.
I saw lots of mention of a TeleVideo 950 Maintenance Manual, but nobody had the manual posted anywhere.

I managed to locate, and purchase a copy.
It's 287 pages, and is in a big thick three ring binder. It is a great manual.
It covers trouble shooting, and has loads of schematics for both the gate array and non-gate array logic boards.
Because the 910, 912, 925 and 950 all used the same video and power modules, the manual can be a help on those terminals as well.

I have scanned it into a 60MB PDF, and Al Kossow has posted it on Bitsavers.org so anyone with a Televideo, can now grab their own copy.

Cheers,

Lorne.

PS: I also sent and Al has uploaded images (in the easy to use Teledisk format :)) of Altos software for the Series 5, and the 8000 series (in both DMA for the 8200 board, and non-DMA versions for the 8000 board).

Last edited:

Lorne

Veteran Member
Do you still have the manual? I'm trying to figure out some issues with my 950.

Yes. As per the post you replied to:

I have scanned it into a 60MB PDF, and Al Kossow has posted it on Bitsavers.org so anyone with a Televideo, can now grab their own copy.

Lorne

Veteran Member
I asked because it looks like bitsavers is down, but after some googling I found a mirror.

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.bitsavers.org/pdf/televideo/

Ahhhh - I see what you mean.
Hopefully just temporary.

If you haven't powered it on lately, you should know there's one bad cap in the PSU on the TV 910/925/950 - I can't remember which one (I can find out if you need it) but it was pretty much a known (by the service techs) design flaw.
You'll know which one when you smell the smoke.

Edit: It's C306 and a good replacement (available at Mouser) is a Nichion UGB1H150KRM - 15uF, +/-10%, 50V, 85c, non-polar, 7/8” dia x 1 ½” L(22mm dia x 40mm). I replaced mine a couple times, switched to that one, and have been OK since (fingers crossed)

Last edited: