• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Telxon PTC-860IM Software Help

mikerm

Experienced Member
I managed to get a Telxon PTC-860IM super cheap, complete with users guide, mount, antenna, and power cable. I've always loved these things from back in the day when my day job had them on their forklifts. As one of the IT guys, every once in a while I got to play with one. They used a 5250 emulator of some kind to talk to the AS/400.

The one I got is actually NOS (although the enter key is a little screwy somehow), so it has just the factory software, and now that's where I am stuck. It was nice to peel the shipping plastic off the screen. :D

Eventually I would like to do the same thing, have 5250 emuilation and connect back to my AS/400, but I would also settle for any TCP/IP stack and any program for now. I have spent hours searching around for software (my Google foo is probably not real great though) and have gotten nowhere, even using Symbol instead of Telxon. I can also get the correct Aironet for it if I can get anywhere software wise. I have the weird and proprietary serial cable coming too. The big awesome VFD display is great so I'm hoping to make some use out of it.

Does anyone have any Telxon software collecting cobwebs deep in some software directory on a drive somewhere? SDK? Anything?

Some bad pictures via Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/INofakp (In real life the screen looks a LOT clearer and greener)

I thought I was the only one who had any interest at all in Telxon PTCs. I don't have one of these but I have some other Telxon PTCs.

Here's what I have. I'm not sure how much of this applies to the PTC-860IM (aside from the RAMSaver SDK) or the Aironet radio.

RAMSaver SDKThis is the main development SDK (5.5 MB)
AirBEAM Package BuilderI don't know what this is (34.1 MB)
AirWORX SDKFor developing applications for an Air-I/O spread spectrum network (9.6 MB)
AirVU TRIPS VDKTelxon’s AIRVU RF Interpretive Prompting System, otherwise known as AIRVU TRIPS, in both the TCP/IP protocol and the multiplex OPEN AIRGATE protocol. (7.4 MB)

I did not see any terminal emulators in these packages however.

Thank you Lanier! The RAMSaver SDK was exaclty what I needed.

What all have you done with yours? What do you have?

I have mostly just used them for batch data collection. I did use the PTC-921-DOS once as a POS terminal at a yard sale with a mobile printer.

A couple of them have radios, but the others don't. I don't have any radios for the host. I have a few of each:

* PTC-610 (TCAL)
* PTC-710 in TCAL and RAMSaver versions
* PTC-912, RAMSaver, one laser/radio, and a couple laser (batch)
* PTC-921-DOS, only one
* PTC-960L in TCAL and RAMSaver versions
* PTC-960LE (RAMSaver)
* PTC-960SL, RAMSaver, batch and one with a radio

I also have a Symbol LDT 3805 and a PDT 3300 (batch).

Back