• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tennecomp and Xebec

antiquekid3

Veteran Member
Does anyone have any Tennecomp peripherals for their PDP-8s? I've got a Minidek, TP-1371, but no interface for it. It seems quite different from the TP-1351 in that it's faster and such, as well as the IOTs to control it. I scanned some docs a while back for Bitsavers (http://bitsavers.org/pdf/tennecomp/) but don't have schematics for the controller. I'd like to read my tapes at some point, and I may simply find a suitable Stereo-pak deck and digitize them that way.

I also have a Xebec hard sector 8" floppy drive system for the PDP-8, which has booted before. However, I don't know what to do to format new floppies. It seemed like there was a special formatter program to run, but I don't have a copy far as I know.

Anyone else have some weird off-brand PDP-8 peripherals?

That is certainly unusual! Have you gotten it running? :)

We haven't touched it since it was rescued. We have most of the documentation, and software on paper tape. We have permission from the manufacturer so publish the documentation and software.

Pretty amazing that a system from the mid 70s would, scan, OCR, interpret proofreader annotations, and save an ASCII file.

Back