• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Terminal emulator supporting multiple connections?

FishFinger

Experienced Member
Is there any terminal emulator software for DOS which can open multiple connections at the same time on different COM ports, and then let you flip between them?

I'm playing around with some Cisco routers and wanted to be able to plug the console cables into COM1-COM4 and then switch between sessions without having to connect/disconnect all the time.

I've had a play around with Crosstalk and it seems pretty good, but I can't work out how to open multiple connections simultaneously. If I have one open then it works as expected, but then I can't figure out how to get back to the connections menu to open another session without closing the current one.

According to the manual, You can create a new session with ALT-N command or entering the NEW command. Each session is assigned a session number, starting with '1' and uses the next number for each additional session, (up to 15) You may switch between sessions by using ALT-N where "N" is the number of the session. OR, you may use ALT-I to bring up the Index of menu sessions. (It is the only way to switch into sessions numbered from 11 through 15.) NOTE: if the ALTNUMS user preference is set to TERMINAL, then you can not switch sessions using ALT-N key, (just use the ALT-I instead)

Hope that helps! :)

I've had a play around with Crosstalk and it seems pretty good, but I can't work out how to open multiple connections simultaneously. If I have one open then it works as expected, but then I can't figure out how to get back to the connections menu to open another session without closing the current one.

Back