• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The KATT Games Master Keyboard. A MS-DOS Era Gaming Keyboard.

LiqMatrix

Veteran Member
Picked up a fairly rare & unknown MS-DOS gaming keyboard (circa 1993). Never heard of the thing until a few months ago. It uses colorful game overlays much like the the early 1980s console controllers of the ColecoVision and Mattel Intellivision. Click on the image below if you would like to watch me unbox it and give it a go. Cheers!

1691948943191.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would work ok alongside a joystick in flight sims. But trying to fly with only a membrane keyboard, lol no thanks.

I think it would work ok alongside a joystick in flight sims. But trying to fly with only a membrane keyboard, lol no thanks.

As I said in the video, it's a great curiosity piece for someone's collection or a museum, but usability was challenging for me as I found the membrane to be difficult to use in the two games I tried it with. The best part of this product are the colorful game overlays. Basically, functional box art. Overall, I think it's a neat oddity in MS-DOS gaming history.

Yes I saw you struggling in the video 😛

I think it should have been marketed as a secondary controller instead of trying to do everything.

Yes I saw you struggling in the video 😛

I think it should have been marketed as a secondary controller instead of trying to do everything.

Completely agree. I would love to see additional overlays found just for the art, but I realize there is a slim chance of that considering finding the product itself is difficult to begin with. If you look at my video description I linked to an archived advertisement that seems to show it was a mail order only item. Probably explains its scarcity, but it also seems to indicate those additonal overlays were actually made. Whether anyone ordered any is another matter.

Back