• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The OFFICIAL pictures!

leeb

Veteran Member
Finally!!! Some pics of the suddenly-expanded stash!

Top shelf-
On the left - the Tandy JP-250 printer, with its brother/cousin (Canon BJ-5) underneath.
The right - the GRID 1755... 8mb expanded with optional modem (a rare find!), and a 1.3gb HD compliments of DDO!!

2nd row-
The first and favorite - the Model 4p, with GIDE and 1gb 2.5" IDE running Montezuma CP/M 2.2 (bios 2.23c). The 128k memory exists but needs replacing... soon to come!

STACK1.JPG

3rd row - (2nd pic)
The stack on the left are (top) the Panasonic CF270, (middle) the Tandy 2810HD [both still broken], and (bottom) the gutted 1800HD sitting next to the working 1800HD (right).

STACK2.JPG
Not pictured:

The bottom row has the Everex Tempo, its 'parts car', and various spare parts/disks...

The 2nd acquisition - the Tandy 1500HD (sitting happily in its glove-fit case), and
the Tandy 3800HD (a 486sx with 500mb HD and a measly 3mb of ram...

All the software in original form(s) are stored in images on the 'TV system' 'D' drive.

Hopefully (after design/testing/building) soon there will be a Z80-1800 laptop system inhabiting the shell of the original 1800HD... and a working CP/M3 to go with it! :D

Last edited:
Come back from my silent hiatus and see you've still got the Everex - awesome stuff.

The beauty, really, of a laptop/luggable collection is how little space they take up.

Sure do! I swear at it every time I attempt to ALT-F-x... :D

.... The beauty, really, of a laptop/luggable collection is how little space they take up.

Say that next time you pick up a Model 4p! :shock:

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hey, you forgot to list your vintage air conditioner ;)

Nope... its only a couple of years old. However the building was built in 1930... :D

I DO know of a VORNADO window-unit that was made in the mid-60s... but dont have any pics of it either! :roll:
Besides... who cares about 'evironmental control systems'...

Nope... its only a couple of years old. However the building was built in 1930... :D

I DO know of a VORNADO window-unit that was made in the mid-60s... but dont have any pics of it either! :roll:
Besides... who cares about 'evironmental control systems'...

The features of the house did look old fashioned at first glance -- but I like older houses anyways (better made such as slats/plaster instead of drywall). And REAL hardwood floors that usually are resilient to creaking.

No, I don't think there are many people who collect vintage air conditioners. You never know though.

I am bumping this thread on the celebration (?) of the sale of the 3800HD (pending shipping).

I am sad to see it go, but I have done SOOO much 'space damage' with all the...um... devices... I have lying around! :oops:

I need to focus on the GRID... it seems that when I put in the upgraded DALLAS clock/ram/battery, I managed to short out the parallel port.
NOT a good thing! Ive been using INTERLNK/INTERSVR to do most of my file transfers, and obviously THAT wont work here!

I need to focus on getting the ARM-based tablets I... um.... broke... working again too....

I need to do some of this soon too... :rockedov:

Au revoir, mon 3800! Que ve me semblez beau!
:D

Back