• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

This is a quick glimpse at my rarest Tandy Computers

Your welcome, soon I will have a look inside each Tandy. Explain what the specs were in more detail, time of release & more interesting information on each computer.

Nice set of 6! IMHO I would put your Tandy 1000HD in with that group. Although its essentially a tricked up Tandy 1000A, the 1000HD was so expensive and sold in so few numbers its a bone-fide rare one. In addition to the T1K HD I bought new, I've only ever seen one other one in my travels.

Even on US eBay you don't see that many 1000HDs compared to all the T1Ks and T1KAs.

Just my 2c worth.

BTW nice find on the CM-1, did you have to re-mortgage your home to buy it?

Cheers,

Ian.

Unlike my Tandy 1000's which can still be found for sale, some of these Tandy's our seldom available. See them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdvWQWeltcA

Awesome, I've never seen any of those outside of a Tandy Catalogue! Thanks so much for sharing.

PS, had a 1000ex back in 87 and loved it a lot, Im looking for one atm with the ram expansion (a hard combo to find as most seem to not have it).

It's a real genuine Tandy HD, The mounting and layout is all original. The MathCo & V20 CPU were a frequent upgrade to these Rigs at time of release. For that matter the Seagate ST225 was a common upgrade to the Tandy HD once the Tandom 10Meg died, and they always did. We (RS) upgraded many both in & out of warranty. I agree with you about how hard they are to find. I would have to say next to the Sensation The HD was most difficult to acquire. More so than any of my other's. The reason its not with the (rare) Tandy's, is that side of computers are all 1000's. Which when I managed my Shack, the 1000's are what made my store's sales climb to #1 in San Diego & #2 in California. My tenure with The Shack was that sweet spot for the 1000's. It didn't last long but I did ride that wave. And thank you on the CM-1. It's funny, I have a video on my YouTube channel that I made shortly after I acquired the 2000. In it I state I'm looking for the CM-1 and if I have to out bid anyone on Ebay. I would...& I did....It wasn't a 2nd mortgage but it hurt.

Even harder to find is the Hard Drive 8 bit controller card that fits onto that expansion. I have one in my HX. I show that in my "museum of 1000's" video.

Nice set of 6! IMHO I would put your Tandy 1000HD in with that group. Although its essentially a tricked up Tandy 1000A, the 1000HD was so expensive and sold in so few numbers its a bone-fide rare one. In addition to the T1K HD I bought new, I've only ever seen one other one in my travels.

Even on US eBay you don't see that many 1000HDs compared to all the T1Ks and T1KAs.

Just my 2c worth.

BTW nice find on the CM-1, did you have to re-mortgage your home to buy it?

Cheers,

Ian.

I have not learned yet how to grab the video at the exact moment. But if you go to about 29 seconds of this video you will see the closed up (case on) Tandy 1000 HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIWmac6ttjE&t=309s

Awesome, I've never seen any of those outside of a Tandy Catalogue! Thanks so much for sharing.

PS, had a 1000ex back in 87 and loved it a lot, Im looking for one atm with the ram expansion (a hard combo to find as most seem to not have it).

There's a 1000EX with 640K on eBay right now with a monitor and a printer.

Back