• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ti ppc

alecnotalex

I have recently been looking into buying an antique computer of sorts. Unfortunately, I don't have the largest budget for it, so I can't afford an IBM, or anything well known. I found the Texas Instruments Portable Professional Computer, for 80 dollars, with a boot disk. Of course, shipping boosts the price to 123 dollars. Do you think this isn a good deal? Do you think there is anything better I can get with a 209 dollar budget? Here's a link for the TI PPC that I found: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instr...s=63&clkid=3193642477419277526#ht_5820wt_1156

Research what you want and then look for it. You would be surprised what deals you can find if you look around long enough.

It really just depends on what you're looking for. Just any old vintage computer to play with? Does it need to be IBM compatible? Are you looking for something in a portable form factor?

Your budget isn't unreasonable, even including shipping. It's just not the sort of budget that will get you a 100% complete system with all of the manuals and everything. Depending on what you want, I'm sure many members of the forums have something in your price range!

If you're interested in forum purchases/swaps/whatever, go ahead and fill in the geographic location in your profile.

glitch: I'm really looking for something working, old, and is in my budget. The size doesn't matter much to me, but I wouldn't like it to be ridiculously large. IBM compatibility isn't necessary, but preferred.

Back