• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Top853 writing issue

danton19

Hello forum!

I would like to ask your help to unlock this situation. I have a TOP853 universal programmer and 2 M28F101 from SGS. I was completely unable to install topwin drivers on any 64bit system. So I did it on a WindowsXP S2 virtual machine. The TOP853 is able to read, blank, erase and even write with certain limitations.

That limitations are the issue. At the moment I'm just trying to write few bytes as testing on the chip but only writes if I skip some bytes.
For example (starting from 0000):
  • if I write 63 FF 63 FF (0 issues, completed in just a few seconds and everything works great)
  • if I write 63 63 63 FF (writer error on 0001)
I decreased USB to USB2.0 in BIOS thinking that perhaps is a writing speed related issue but nothing changed. Unfortunately I have no way to downgrade to USB1.1. But the TOP853's manual says that it handles USB2.0, so, in theory that's not the problem.
Also I've checked on chip datasheet, read about TOP853 capabilities and as far as I understand voltage is no issue.

If someone has some knowledge about this it would be highly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Back