• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T1000 Battery

Formulator

Experienced Member
Recently acquired T1000. In really great shape with manuals, case, AC adapter, etc.

Will not power up. Had battery rebuilt but still only get a quick green flash from the power LED.

Had anyone else had success with an alternate battery type? Of course, I do not need the rechargeable type.

Also, does the AC adapter only serve the purpose of recharging the original battery pack?

Thanks.

IMG_1018.jpg

I have two pieces. The problem with not starting up is not the battery but the "intelligent" (as Toshiba called it) power supply - its electrolytic capacitors are leaking. When I replaced all the electrolytic caps it worked for a while. Now they are again both defunct. When there is time, I will recap them again with good quality NIPON caps. That should solve it.

@archeocomp

Please see attached image and verify the outlined caps. It seems there may be some minor leaking but it is very subtle upon inspection:

IMG_1057.jpg

@archeocomp
verify the outlined caps. It seems there may be some minor leaking but it is very subtle upon inspection:

3 of the outlined components (the ones with the dark markings on top) don't look like capacitors. There more than likely coils (aka "chokes"). The other electrolytics you have highlighted don't really appear to have any problem. But without removing them and checking with an accurate capacitance meter, you can't really be sure.

Back