• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T200 boot ROM

daverand

Experienced Member
In early 1981, as best as I can recall, Toshiba released new boot ROMs for the T200 and T250 computers. Both of my T250's have the new boot ROM, which was required to boot any of the newer CP/M disk Toshiba produced.

Does anyone have a working T200, and can possibly image that boot ROM? @Davidhg2k has what I believe to be an older boot ROM in his, and I would like to get him updated.

Failing that, I'm reasonably sure we can hack on the T250 ROM and build one for the T200...

Well, the good news is that he seems willing to let me image the rom, and its only a 1.5 hour drive for me. So hopefully this will go well. Unless, of course, there is someone reading this who lives in Lodi that can image a rom :)

Well, the good news is that he seems willing to let me image the rom, and its only a 1.5 hour drive for me. So hopefully this will go well. Unless, of course, there is someone reading this who lives in Lodi that can image a rom :)
Dave, I'm in contact with a french man who had long ago one T-200. The good news is he still has the boot disks, and I presume is the european version of the machine, probably the same as mine. I will ask him for the disks.

Hopefully - but I know that Toshiba did do a boot rom update, so having additional verification will be great. More as it happens...

Boot roms obtained. I pulled the T250 boot rom from my machine, and the T200 boot from the machine on ebay.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 9
Back