• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Totes and Boxes and Bags OH MY

kiyotewolf

Experienced Member
My stuff ::::

Stuff I still HAVE, whether acquired here and now, or way back when.

1. Commodore 128

2. Commodore 64 :::: audio is weak, very weak, so I use my C128 in C64 mode.

3. TI 994/A :::: two of these, one is useless, the other is new(used), and has a lovely CARRYING CASE, with cut foam to the exact size of the computer, and two accessories. (purchased off eBay recently to replace my one that's screwed up.)

4. Tandy 1000 HX :::: A: Drive is flakey, so I would like to swap the B: for the A:, something I had done late in it's life, by the lovely guys at Radio Shack repair service, was add the 2nd Drive, in addition to my memory expansion board. (I so wanted the Serial interface board.. :< )

5. IBM PS/2 :::: Floppy drive is failing hard, oh I'm so bummed about that, cause I promised it to someone, and here the drive JUST STARTED failing, a week & half ago. :< , after I went to the trouble to find a game interface board for it, and was working on making boot disks with games for it.. etc.

6. Tandy CM-11 Monitor :::: Still works like new, also looks like new. Now being used with my CGA card(s), can't use one of them cause it's a full sized full length card, and bumps into other things on the motherboard. Using one with a slight dimple in the bottom of the PCB, which lets it fit, but it won't do anything in color on a color composite NTSC crt. :<

7. Zenith green screen monitor :::: This thing has been to heck and back, and still lives. Had to run a hard piece of wire down from the outside to deep in the bowels of this thing, and guide my iron down in there too, to re-create the video in connection. Did it, and I still watch movies on it, but now also use it as a duplicate CGA card video out monitor.

8. Advanced Gravis MiDi Adaptor :::: I was so stoked when I got this, cause with the right placement, saddled to a joystick, I was able to buy it, instead of watching it become a recycled memory in the IT box at work. Hooked it up to my sound card, then my Roland keyboard, and the Win 3.11 sound card drivers, wouldn't play nice with a REAL MiDi interface connected. Also, my keyboard seemed to be sending MiDi messages, CONSTANTLY, even though it was inactive, and not playing anything, or being played manually.

9. IBM PS/2 76i :::: I'm not sure where I got this thing, I think it used to belong to Walgreens, using the CBASIC for their old archaeic POS system. But, it's another little DOS machine, when it is hooked up, and it's got few things on it. It is virtually a coaster in it's current configuration, decoration only.

10. USSR Mainframe Magnetic Reel Tape :::: Just got this off eBay, going to put it in a shadow box with other tech that's either too old to be practical, too old and flakey, or just deserves a special spot. Haven't even unwrapped it's postal packaging yet.

~~~ this section may get into just various accessories that I treasure and prize, not so much large items.

11. Various random floppy containers :::: I re-found the floppy disk carrier, which is beige, and holds about 5 to 7, 3&1/2" floppies, which I had from my old Tandy 1000 HX. I was uber excited, found it at a Goodwill, and snapped it up. Other ones are various executive carriers, a purple transparent one that holds like four floppies, quite a few 5&1/4" floppy carriers.

12. Disk notchers :::: I still have my 5&1/4" floppy notchers from my Apple and Commodore days.

13. Old Audio Tapes with programs :::: Have quite a few TI 994/A tapes, which I'm currently in the process of restoring and preserving, with, MODERATE luck, need a dedicated tape player WITHOUT any DOLBY NR crap in it, ruined a two hour long waste of time making *.WAV's out of the two sides of this Extended Basic Games tape. Have probably, maybe one tape from the TRS80 Coco 2, maybe, but if not, eh.

14. CRAPLOADS OF CABLES :::: Omg.. If I find a cable anywhere, and I think it will be useful, I snag it if possible. I have an uber heavy back full of cables, and stuff.

15. Commodore disk drives :::: Have the 1541, and another one, the one that does the dual directional read and writes? I keep both, but prefer my 1541.

16. TRS80 controllers. :::: Still useful for my Tandy 1000 HX, including my TRS80 one button COLOR MOUSE. Too bad I don't have DESKMATE which WORKS on my old HX any more. But I did get it working in DOSBOX, to a point. Can play the 3 voice music, but the art program locks up, which bummed me out.

17. TRS80 tape interface cable :::: oxo these are so neat

18. 8 LPT1: ZiP drives and 2 USB ZiP drives :::: Oh these get plenty of use all the time. I horded these when I was in Albuquerque, and collected them like they were blood to a vampire.

19. Atari 2600 :::: I have two, and I have various cool Commodore joysticks, and a Sega Master System game pad, which are all interchangable.

20. VIC20 Modem :::: I have an old phone, now, as of two days ago, with the smaller RJ11 (RJ11?) jack from the handset, which connects into the modem, then, connect a modern modem to the regular phone jack on the phone itself. This worked between the basement and an upstairs room once, and not even with split pairs, I used a common wire off the existing phone wiring, and then a single wire uncommon, so, had a set of 3 wires running two phone conversations at once. Used a terminal program on the Commodore 64 to talk to a terminal program on an IBM compatible. It was so much fun.

21. Gravis Gamepad :::: I had one, which I moved around the colored buttons so it matched the color layout of a Super Famicom pad, also, the system's logo. Found the other one I had, since first one got lost, and tested it, it works.

22. Lots of books on BASIC, and DOS type programming. :::: I have, somewhere, that book on EGA and VGA graphics that everyone talks about, need to find it, so I can send it to that one friend. Describes the internal planar nature of the EGA screen, and whatnot. I've been vividly searching for old books on BASIC, just because, I want to keep them, not let them rot cause people think they are unsellable. A C book on ModeX graphics and game design, stuff like that. Turbo Pascal books, although not as an extensive library on TP as I'd like. Even have a Pascal book for the Apple, USDC pascal, I think.

23. Plenty of 5&1/4"th's, 3&1/2"th's :::: the fiver's are either Commodore or IBM Compat, and the three'rs are just DOS based.. but I still love to drop little things on floppies, even if it's NOT specifically for a DOS computer.

24. My [not first, but best] Apple and Commodore disks :::: My best Apple disk was one that had a zillion little graphics programs, but a special one that drew a cross and two candles, cause our church had an Apple computer, and so did my family. So, naturally, I drew the output of the program on the label, as little pixel looking marks in marker. The best Commodore disk was a blue one, which has tons of adventures from my Commodore club days. Lots of stuff mixed in from LOADSTAR, and all sorts of stuff typed in from books or magazines.

25. A recovered listing of a Halloween game for IBM PC Clones :::: Family Computing, Oct'87, had GhostSitter, a game I loved, and played on an OS/2 machine at the community college, besides at home on my own system. I so loved the graphics it had, and it's sprites.

~Paul

[part one of __]

Back