• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS-80 Discord Server

gp2000

Experienced Member
There's a new Discord Server dedicated to TRS-80 computers. Here's the invite link:

https://discord.gg/NUHAMtz

Discord is a multi-media chat very similar to Slack if you've used that. You'll need to create a Discord account if you don't have one. Lots of ways to access it: through web browser, desktop app or mobile-phone apps. It even supports voice and I think video but I expect primarily it'll be text based.

I didn't create it but I'll be there looking to discuss programming and TRS-80 emulation. I hope to see you there.

This is nice to see. There is a CoCo-specific Discord centered around the CoCo Talk Live show that also has a few channels set up for non-CoCo TRS-80/Tandy systems but they don't get a lot of activity.

Here is the CoCo server if anyone is interested.
https://discord.gg/4J5nHXm

There's a new Discord Server dedicated to TRS-80 computers. Here's the invite link:

https://discord.gg/NUHAMtz

Discord is a multi-media chat very similar to Slack if you've used that. You'll need to create a Discord account if you don't have one. Lots of ways to access it: through web browser, desktop app or mobile-phone apps. It even supports voice and I think video but I expect primarily it'll be text based.

I didn't create it but I'll be there looking to discuss programming and TRS-80 emulation. I hope to see you there.

I just tried to join and it tells me the invite link has expired or is invalid.

I always get thrown off discord. After a bit, it starts asking for phone numbers, emails etc. if you don't play, it throws you.

I always get thrown off discord. After a bit, it starts asking for phone numbers, emails etc. if you don't play, it throws you.

You know, back in the day, when folks used to pay by check, they'd ask for Drivers License and Credit Card. My dad used an expired Texaco gas card as the credit card.

You can no doubt use similar ruses on the interwebs (since email addresses are so hard to come by nowadays) if you're motivated.

Hmm, I don't have a cell phone (I live in the middle of the NRQZ), and I didn't have any problem registering, and I don't get nagged for more info. But maybe they have changed their stuff since back when I signed up.

Anyway, the TRS-80 discord seems like it's full of good fellas. Can't comment on their taste, since they let me in after all. But they all seem like good fellas. :D

I clicked on the link and logged in - I think. I have no idea what to do. This looks a lot like Facebook. Is it similar? Just a long thread interjected with disparate messages. It's confusing to me. Maybe meant for use on a phone? I am comfortable on the now old fashioned forums but struggle to use the newer interfaces meant for smart phones. Maybe I'll try it out again later. No patience for it right now.

Seaken

I tried it out. I miss IRC, I should really get back to that but sure I joined Discord. Is there a marketplace on there thats useful?

Back