• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS-80 Model II - $7000.00

Yes I saw this advert.

It made me smile.

Normally in such a circumstance I try to ask a question.

However in this case .... I find this

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question.
We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

In other words to me this means the SELLER IS WAY TOO LAZY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

NOW COME ON, REALLY ! Do you want my 7K USD or not?

Oh, And I should mention my personal /overpriced/ favourite is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-OLD-...pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item35d4798c51

The guy selling this AES Superplus does not have any idea about the machine
We dont see evidence it is working
There is no software lists
He is not prepared to ship it
And the price is Hysterical.

This all adds to the joy of looking at eBay of course, I am sure all collectors and sensible reasonable people should
look at it this way :)

regards marcus b

Yes I saw this advert.

It made me smile.

Normally in such a circumstance I try to ask a question.

However in this case .... I find this

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question.
We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

In other words to me this means the SELLER IS WAY TOO LAZY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

NOW COME ON, REALLY ! Do you want my 7K USD or not?

I'm sorry I will check my auction settings, I have answered previous questions on this item, and will gladly answer future ones. I do not know why ebay gave you that message. My best guess is because I have a pending offer on the computer, and once an offer has been submitted an auction cannot be edited until the offer has been accepted or declined. (merely a guess however)

I will be honest I do not expect to get $7000 from this computer, however I've been doing this ebay thing for a number of years and I have had some items similar to this sell for nearly as much, It all depends on how much someone needs it. The last item I had that was comparable to this sold to a defense contractor. (they sometimes need to interface with odd equipment) It was a z80 system that ran cp/m a quay 90, with dual 8 inch drives and a walnut case.

I've discovered over the years that customers like that will often pay nearly any price for what they need. If I list it low they will gladly pay less, if I list it high, it often does not matter to them at all. However the difference in price can have a huge effect on how well my children are fed. (and besides if it does not sell I get to keep it and play with it as much as I want)

I'm sorry....I just have a hard time believing that even a desperate "defense contractor" would pay 7k for a machine that he could easily find for a fraction of that price.

I have a TRS model II hows about you buy mine for half what your asking and then you can sell it for 7k. that way everyone wins. I get the $3500 to fix my car, you can feed your kids and uncle sam gets a outdated and vastly overpriced 20+ year computer to play wargames on.

Dear Lord...I know the US government still uses some really old crap, but I'd be a little scared if anything to do with national defense relied on a TRS-80 Model II.

BTW, someone had a couple of Model II's in decent shape for sale at VCFE this past weekend. I think they were asking $75 each. I would have grabbed one if I didn't already have 6 of them sitting in storage.

Dear Lord...I know the US government still uses some really old crap, but I'd be a little scared if anything to do with national defense relied on a TRS-80 Model II.

BTW, someone had a couple of Model II's in decent shape for sale at VCFE this past weekend. I think they were asking $75 each. I would have grabbed one if I didn't already have 6 of them sitting in storage.

lol...yhea. truth be told mine was given to me for free.

Back