• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS-80 Model III For Sale

ardsleytank

Experienced Member
I am selling my TRS-80 Model III. It has been upgraded to a green monochrome screen, however, there is a catch.

The "Black" part of the screen is always too "green". No matter what you do with the Brightness/Contrast knobs, it's always a little too green.

I started a troubleshooting thread here: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?53868-Model-III-CRT-Issues

Anyway, it all works (Minus the screen, I mean, it's usable, just annoying when using BASIC), the case is a little battered. There are scratches and chips all over it, and it has the typical worn palm area.

I'm asking $120 + Shipping. Shipping depends on where you live. These things aren't light, you know!

Price negotiable, but I do need to sell it. The screen itself is worth $60.

I'll throw in a Commodore 1541 drive at no extra cost if interested. Just say the word... :cool:

Oh, thanks FrankG. I appreciate it.

Same to you, by the way. It's a shame you're having to sell your collection.

Well times are changing Tank. Mom wants me to clear out a lot of things. And I do have the feeling some of these computers may wind
up in a landfill or some recycle plant. But I am keeping the Model III Model 4 and my IBM PC. And my tweener system. Most of the Apples
will go. Maybe I'll keep the Plus and the IICi.

You know I thought back a couple of weeks ago if you were to send me your MIII without the CRT I might be able to get it working for you.
But shipping costs might be the killer. From TN to FL around 45.00 or so. Something to consider. If I had the extra cash I would pay 1/2 shipping
costs. But money is tight due to the holidays! And other bills

Last edited:
Yeah, I appreciate the thought. I too had thought about that, but as you say, shipping is a killer for these things.

The biggest reason I'm selling it however, is because I just don't have the room. Too many projects, and not enough room...

If I do decide to fix it, I'll let you know. Again, I really do appreciate it.
Peter

Back