• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS-80 Model III on Pawn Stars last night

rittwage

Veteran Member
I know everything on TV is fake. However, the seller and Corey (his vintage computer consultant) are both out of their minds.

A bone stock M3 with no floppy drives is in no way on earth worth $2000 or $3000. You are both crazy.

I am positive that any pawn shop knows what things sell for online, so this is just pathetic.

On the good side, if you have some M3's you want to unload, Rick will offer you $1200 for them.

Last edited:
Do you have an episode name or number? I'd love to watch this one. Thanks.

Found it.

https://play.history.com/shows/pawn-...n-19/episode-9

Yeah, Corey, $2000 is a bit overvalued for a cassette Model III. :)

It's amazing how often popular media is completely off base when it comes to topics I am knowledgeable about. It makes you realize that everything else they are talking about is just as off-base.

Pawn stars has been discredited many times. When you go there in vegas you have to wait inline for an hour just to go inside and its basically just a giftshop to the show. I used to watch pawn stars and american pickers for the information and history aspect but its just become reality TV garbage. You are better off streaming Antiques road show; but I dont expect many TRS-80's to show up....

Pawn stars has been discredited many times. When you go there in vegas you have to wait inline for an hour just to go inside and its basically just a giftshop to the show. I used to watch pawn stars and american pickers for the information and history aspect but its just become reality TV garbage. You are better off streaming Antiques road show; but I dont expect many TRS-80's to show up....

Yes, but normally they are not really far off like this one with other vintage computers I've seen on there. Now when they get the WATA guy in there, he makes stupid assessments of games. Unfortunately, Corey did the same thing here...

Well I cant remember exactly but I recall something like an Atari 800 computer coming on the show and the negotiating price was pretty high. Not ridiculous, but much higher than normal.

Back