• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

trs32

danielbooneamerica

Experienced Member
Hey I have the registered TRS32 emulator and am wondering if anyone else has had an issue with using mouse.

It is seldom but when using emulator i sometimes lose control of mouse pointer and it jumps to upper right corner of screen and stays there. Only way I can get control of PC back is using CTRL ALT DEL then kill trs32.

When using trs32 if i want to use drop down menus I hit ALT key which then gives me control of mouse and I can use drop down tabs or maybe reference a PDF in windows.

At some point my mouse goes nuts maybe 10% of time.

I posted this question of intake form for trs32 support a couple times but no reply, maybe support shutdown for these older emulators.

But I was wondering if anyone else ever has problems with pointer when using emulator?

Thank you.

if you launch the emulator and click outside of the emulator and use it does it still do it ?
So are you saying this was a known unfixable problem? Too bad, when it happens you have to kill emulators and lose unsaved work.

It is tricky writing software for 32b and 64b Windows

I been reading and seems like most people point to emulators by Phillips being king of emulators.

Has mouse function worked ok on these versions I guess?

trs80gp does support mouse input either through the Serial menu where the dropdown can select a 2 or 3 button mouse to be attached to it. Or from the command line with -r :mouse or -r :mouse3.

It's a fairly preliminary feature. I haven't used it much myself. It's sufficient to test mouse input but isn't really well tuned so the mouse may move too fast or slow. And it doesn't lock the mouse to the window so it is best used in full screen mode.

trs80gp does support mouse input either through the Serial menu where the dropdown can select a 2 or 3 button mouse to be attached to it. Or from the command line with -r :mouse or -r :mouse3.

It's a fairly preliminary feature. I haven't used it much myself. It's sufficient to test mouse input but isn't really well tuned so the mouse may move too fast or slow. And it doesn't lock the mouse to the window so it is best used in full screen mode.
Speaking of features, can your emulator read Misosys DiskDisk files?

It was kind of original /dsk format.

Back