• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Truevision TARGA+ half populated VRAM, possible to populate remainder?

The Targa Plus has S-Video, Composite, RGB, Sony CPD-1302 (9 pin 15khz analog RGB) options. You have options of converting the 9 pin to Sony 34 pin monitors as well.

@Unknown_K - I'm having trouble identify the memory chips on my Targa. I *think* they're 64K chips, and I'm counting 24 boards, which would mean a total of 6,144? That's not a configuration with which I'm familiar. Any insights? Edit - I just saw your post on converting the 9 pin output. Looking at the early card I have, any recommendations? I'm also asking thisisamiga... as he might have some insight as well. Thanks for the info!

@thisisamigaspeaking - I listed my stuff on Ebay, and got to thinking about the "what if I don't sell it" situation. I remembered speaking with a neighbor who asked me to wipe some old computers for him, which I haven't done yet. I just called him and he said I could have them. They're a 286 and a 386, so I might try and rebuild the system. What do you recommend doing about the monitor situation? I'm not familiar with converting the RGB BNC connections to any other format. Any specific recommendations?

The card in the first picture has KM424C257Z chips (8 of them). Those chips are 256Kx4 or 1Mbit x 8 of them for 1MB.

As far as the 9 pin output you don't need to use it. The connector on the top of the card is a video passthrough port where you connect it to a VGA card with the same port and it overlays video to your main monitor ( generally in a window).

A setup would have a computer with a VGA monitor with the correct software and what you are capturing would be in a window on the screen. The output of the Targa card would feed to a separate monitor as a reference.

@Unknown_K - I just realized I didn't post any images, so you may be referring to the first post from thisisamigaspeaking.

Here are the pic's of mine:

20240328_121716.jpg20240328_121638.jpg

Back