• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Turntable and vinyl thread

It got chucked out when she moved ot Ireland :(
I think she managed to break it whilst moving, but she was moving to a smaller house and I think she was going to sell it anyway.

They're not particularly rare, are they?

I've got an older Technics Belt Drive table from the mid 80's. Cart/needles are $10. Listen to my parent's old Queen albums, and my Father's old George Carlin records.

No, there is plenty of 'em, but they usualy go for 10-100$.
It depends on shape.

Rarer are those with tubes and Edison's phonograps.

I've got an older Technics Belt Drive table from the mid 80's. Cart/needles are $10. Listen to my parent's old Queen albums, and my Father's old George Carlin records.

If you use a $10 cart and stylus, the sound will blow.
I use a DLE stylus on a audiotechnika cart.
Combo was expensive, but well worth it. No CD I have can touch the dynamics of my vinyls.

I know what good audio is. The sound is good with the $10 stylus. The cartridge is the original technics it turns out. It sounds good on my technics reciever and on my pioneer reciever.

I know what good audio is. The sound is good with the $10 stylus. The cartridge is the original technics it turns out. It sounds good on my technics reciever and on my pioneer reciever.

I am sure if you had a chance to hear the real thing, you'd switch your stance.;)

Attachments

• 100_0625_small.jpg
    100_0625_small.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1
I guess I'll have to take your word for it, since I'm saving for a car and don't have the $ to spend on a better setup. The table itself is fine. The whole technics system cost my parents around a grand back in '87

I guess I'll have to take your word for it, since I'm saving for a car and don't have the $ to spend on a better setup. The table itself is fine. The whole technics system cost my parents around a grand back in '87

oh, late 80s? :(

I thought you had a real vintage setup for a second.

This is the best reciever for the money ever built. And they are nicely priced.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marantz-2220-AM...ryZ94898QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And this is a great TT for the money.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-PL-115D...2QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64625QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out what I have coming in.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...50022331331&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

It will power my second set of L100s...bwuhahaha
That marantz 2270 usually pulls $250+, but some knuckle head put it on BIN for $150.

I have three recievers right now. A late 80's Technics, an early 90's Pioneer, and an early 90's Onkyo that tgunner gave me, and will keep if he gets his Model 80. Used to have an old Fisher all-in-one system, but the turntable and casette deck were shot, and it was only a 30 watt amp.

I have three recievers right now. A late 80's Technics, an early 90's Pioneer, and an early 90's Onkyo that tgunner gave me, and will keep if he gets his Model 80. Used to have an old Fisher all-in-one system, but the turntable and casette deck were shot, and it was only a 30 watt amp.
You'll learn that it isn't the watts, it is the clarity.
I have a Pioneer sx-9 120wpc(1988 - junk) reciever setting in my closet. If wattage matters, I wouldn't be using something with 65wpc would I?

That fisher all in one was probably 8wpc anyway. Remember that the watts rating on the back doesn't represent the wattage to the speakers.
My 2265B says it uses 400 watts, but only 65 watts get to each of two speakers.

I remember when I was into the 80s equip. I kept telling my dad my panasonic garbage speakers sounded as good as his L-65s, and my digital JVC reciever with 100wpc was better than his pioneer sx-1250.
When he finally played his setup for me, I realised I had been very, very, very wrong.
I sold all my 80s/90s digital crap and baught a single sx-950 and saved for a set of l-36 decades. That was my first real audio setup.
I am not dissing your digital stuff, but you need to hear the real deal before you say you know what good sound is, because that "good sound" you have will sound mighty strange and muddy if you get to hear the real deal.

It is like saying a Pentium 1 system surfs the net really good, and then upgrading to a dual core conroe with 4GB RAM. You won't want to go back.

Back