• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Unix system all the sudden won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared1977

I got this unix system and the problem i have is i think we unplugged the power cord to many times. Any way now it boots up fine but won't let me login. if anyone can help its appretiated. I started hitting buttons and now it all the sudden works.

Last edited:
I got this unix system and the problem i have is i think we unplugged the power cord to many times. Any way now it boots up fine but won't let me login. if anyone can help its appretiated. I started hitting buttons and now it all the sudden works.

If you are going to ask for help then you should provide a minimum set of details. Like, what kind of system is it - specifically who made it, and what is the model number. If you can tell from the boot messages what version of the operating system is it running on. Was it used in a business? (The type of business can often provide clues.) What were you doing before the problem started?

From your message we can't even tell if this is a vintage system. Remember, this is a vintage computer forum for hobbyists.

Also, duplicate posts are discouraged. I see you are already asking about this same problem another thread. Please continue the discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back