• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

URGENT: Lot of 13-17 Toshiba Txxx series luggables/laptops

Hello everyone.

I would like to apologise, I did go about it the wrong way. I'm sorry for my tone and for not putting the pictures up.

My intention was not to demand money up front, and I would like to apologise if it sounded this way. I did want money for the machines, but only and only if you decide that you take them, after inspection (photo or in person).
I created this topic strictly to discover how many people would be interested. I do not have much space, so it's important that whatever the number of laptops I would have collected, they all get taken off me as soon as possible (maybe minus one for myself), and to have some assurance that they do in fact get collected. Otherwise I would be left with a problematic pile of vintage computers that I may or may not be able to get rid of soon.

The reason why I discovered the laptops was because I was hired to clear out a warehouse and came across them in the first week of my work. They have been sitting there for quite a while from what I know. When I had a look at them, they appeared to be units that the customers have handed in for repairs but never got back for some reason (so I guess they would be probably mostly working). I though I might be able to ask if I can get one for myself, but I decided not to do that. I forgot about them or didn't think of them too much after that. Then, in the last week I suddenly remembered that somebody else might actually want them. Yes, I know, I should have realised that sooner, but that's the way it turned out. I submitted the topic and waited for the answer, but by then it was too late. I finished my work and left.

I'm sorry for not making it clear that I want money for the laptops. One of the reasons I wanted money for these was that I probably wouldn't be able to get them for free. The laptops might have been old, but they still belonged to the company and it was unlikely that these people would release them to me for free. I would have to shell out my own money up front, so I decided it would better to wait until I know that somebody would be willing to take them and that I didn't lose that money.

What's going to happen to these laptops, I don't know. They might be scrapped at a computer recycling facility, thrown into a skip or hopefully taken by somebody who knows their significance. I don't intend to have anything to do with them any more as I left the company.

I know this is not going to make any difference now, but I will try and put up some pictures if I do find them this time. I also recall seeing a keypad for TX3100 and a 5-pin DIN portable keyboard (I think both mint, but I don't have a photo of them unfortunately).

Back