• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

USB-C to 1541-ii/1581 PSU

robert_sissco

Experienced Member
So, because of another thread discussing PSU's, I found THIS online, a little device that goes from USB-C to 1541-ii /1581 PSU.

Has anyone seen one of these before, or know where an assembled board can be got? I SMD soldering skills are horrible and I have ruined projects before, and while have practiced, those itty bitty part are still not really possible for me without bridging everything under the pins and resistors, capacitors, etc.1541II_PowerAdapter_pic3.jpg

The gerbers are available on github. You'll be able to send these off to jlcpcb or pcbway (etc) and get them to make the board. If you can make a BOM to go with it, then the pcb maker can do the smd work for you. I'm not sure how to create a BOM for it but I'm sure there are much smarter people on here that can help you with that!

Edit, I created a .XLSX BOM for it from the github bom page. (Not sure if its right. Someone can check it for me). JLCPCB also want a CPL file, which I don't know how to make.

Attachments

• 1541II_PowerAdapter_gerber and BOM.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
There was a BOM on the site as well, part of me though would rather pay someone who had done it for their work than PCBWay, but if I don't have any alternatives, then I don't have a choice.

Chances are if you find someone that sells them complete is that they got them built by jlcpcb/pcbway. If someone can make a CPL file, then I'll order some for myself and then I'll finish making it for you and you can have one at cost price + postage.

Back