• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Using Youtube on a 300Mhz AMD K6

Alabamarebel1861

Experienced Member
So for the last few days I have been using my 300Mhz IBM Aptiva desktop as my main machine as the one I normally use is down. Today I had some stuff to take care of on youtube and had to undertake the task of doing so on this system. It was a lot easier than you might think. With the latest version of K-Meleon browser and a LOT of patience all of the scrips loaded without error. I was able to navigate through pages and even reply to some comments. Amazing what you can accomplish on these old systems nowadays huh?:)

yt300m.JPG

It's not terribly difficult to get old machines on the internet still, it's just where you can still go on the internet as more and more sites require HTTPS.

I can browse the internet on my Macintosh LC III, which has a 33 MHz 68030 CPU and 36 MB of RAM.

K-Meleon really is a fantastic browser and I thank you for introducing me to it. Still in the process of switching to K-Meleon from Firefox on all of my computers - even my vintage ones! :)

Of course by disabling JavaScript nothing would work though... ugh. If only we could go back 10 years to a time when websites were still functional and not nothing more than unscrupulous piles of broken JavaScript....

Back