• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Other US Areas Various parallel port sound adapters (DreamBlaster S2P, OPL3LPT, TNDLPT, Simple LPTSND)

Covers the non-continental US, including Alaska, Haiwaii, Puerto Rico and other territories.

mdanh2002

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
International Shipping
Hi,

I am selling the following parallel port sound adapters. These units are essentially new - they have been used only once or twice after purchase. I am in the process of clearing up my collection and have no use for them now, hence I am selling them at a discount.

DreamBlaster S2P Parallel Port General MIDI Wavetable Synth - $30
OPL3LPT AdLib' FM Synthesis Parallel Port Sound Card - $50
TNDLPT Tandy Sound on a Parallel Port - $30
Simple LPTSND Parallel Port Sound Adapter - $15

I ship worldwide and accept payment via Paypal.

Interested, please PM me.

Received the OPL3LPT. Thank-you!

Oh thats just very very cool. I never thought those HP DOS palmtops would be able to do that back in the day. I used to want one of those from the catalogs so much but couldnt justify the purchase price.. (or the much desired max memory card size.. what was it 80MB or something insane like that?). Is that the original screen, looks really surprisingly sharp.

That's great!

How did you connect the OPL3LPT to the HP 200LX? Via a PCMCIA to parallel port adapter?
I have one such adapter but could not get it to work with any parallel peripherals (Laplink cable, Xircom Ethernet adapter, IOMEGA ZIP drive, etc.) other than a printer.

I'm using one of the Trans Digital parallel port cards. Which adapter do you have?

It's something of a trade-off concerning the use of the parallel port card, and by proxy, the OPL3LPT, with the 200LX. In this scenario, any software needs to be copied to the internal RAM disk first (4MB, in my case), but at least the serial port remains free for use with a mouse. By contrast, there's also the serial-port MIDI option, which precludes use of a mouse, but instead allows concurrent use of the PCMCIA slot for CompactFlash storage.

My PCMCIA to LPT adapter was pulled from a rusty IBM Thinkpad which someone had thrown in the dustbin outside my house. The card has no brand name printed on it, except the string "PCMCIA Printer Adapter". Upon inspection, the hard disk of the laptop still worked and contained a .COM file which, if run under DOS, will assign an LPT1 port (or LPT2 if LPT1 is unavailable) to the parallel port on the card. The card works with various parallel port printers that I have, but not with parallel peripherals. I tried with DEBUG under DOS and was able to control individual LPT pins and verify that the card support bidirectional mode. I am still not sure what the issue is, maybe some timing problems. The .COM driver file, upon inspection, appears to have been written in assembly, containing only the minimum needed to assign the LPT port, and no other clues to the exact model of the card.

I have never owned a Trans Digital card. I couldn't find them even on eBay at a reasonable price.

Back