• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF-MW10 - Save The Date, August 29-30, 2015

johnorun

Experienced Member
The 10th Vintage Computer Festival is a GO! :eek:nfire:

Bigger, bolder, nerdier than ever, VCFMW10 will be held August 29-30 at the Holiday Inn
Chicago-Elk Grove Village (close to O'Hare I'ntl. Airport).

Full details at the website: http://vcfmw.org

Last year's event was great, so I'll be driving out again this year. I'll have to ask some locals how to avoid all the toll roads, or at least help identify which ones might take my E-ZPass.

Last year's event was great, so I'll be driving out again this year. I'll have to ask some locals how to avoid all the toll roads, or at least help identify which ones might take my E-ZPass.

All the roads maintained by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority take E-ZPass along with the Chicago Skyway.

Cool! I might go. I've never been to one of these, but I've always been into older computers. I might even be talked into showing or presenting something.

How do these events feel about retro-esque modern things? I have a homebrew 8-bit based around a modern ATMega. VGA Race-the-beam, bank switching, and other ancient tricks. Heh, the RAM chip I'm using counts as vintage, but everything else is fairly modern through-hole cmos or hct.

In terms of true vintage, I just got a CoCo2, which I would love to hook to an SD card instead of my old aging floppy drive. Everything else is x86.

Back