• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VIC-20 at flea market (!)

You would need a specific D/A converter to hook up a 3rd party cassette recorder to a Commodore (or Atari, Spectravideo and many other brands). There were a buy of DIY and commercial products that offered this interface, but generally a loose C2N - or a clone tape recorder - is so cheap that it is not worth the trouble looking for an interface/converter. Perhaps where you live, there are no Commodore user groups, but wherever there are C= users, there tends to be a good selection of spare parts. I bought a spare C2N for about $4 earlier this year, but it was a local swap meet.

So, you won the Excelerator auction?

I didn't bid the first time, and then it got relisted and I'm watching it. I don'tthink I'l be able to get it, my wife has little patience for me getting things liek that. In a way, I can't blame her, but then there's me, heh heh. I liek the stuff. It ends in 5 hours.

There may be something in New Mexico or something, I'll have to check there. I know the datasettes on ebay are going for not cheap, that's for sure, before shipping. I might sit on this project for a while, unfortunately.

/edit well not real cheap, I might still find something.

Last edited:
Back