• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VIC-20 Name that Game

WimWalther

Experienced Member
Hey folks,

Trying to recall the name of a game, from my earliest times as a VIC owner. This would have been ca. 1982..

It was a maze game, you could say, where you piloted a ship around the screen, avoiding walls & obstacles, scoring points (I believe..) and attempting to clear the screen. Iirc, there were at least two different screens / levels. It was a fairly simple, early cassette-based game that probably ran on VIC's stock 3K RAM capacity. The ship, iirc, looked a bit like the Space Shuttle, and made a "pssst" sound every time you fired the engine to move.

Pretty vague, eh? Trigger any memories?

Closest thing I can think of is Omega Race, but that was on cartridge. (might have been a tape version but not sure). There is also a really distinctive tune to the game though so maybe it's not it...

Nah, it's a navigate-the-maze game.. fairly static, a test of nerve kind of thing.

And it was almost certainly on cassette, as I never had a 1540/1 with my VIC.

Nah, it's a navigate-the-maze game.. fairly static, a test of nerve kind of thing.

And it was almost certainly on cassette, as I never had a 1540/1 with my VIC.
ahh yes I didn't read the maze bit lol. I have a bad habit of that..... How about jupiter lander, sort of a maze type game.

No. It's nothing as common as Jupiter Lander, nor is there a "gravity" or other physics element in the gameplay.

And it came on cassette..

Back