• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VIC-20 - powering 2 pin US model in Australia?

Huh?
Dual primary windings?
Phasing?
:shocked:

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

I'm prepared to spend $50 on a 300w step down converter. I was hoping that would be the end of the story. I just want to fire it up and see if it works!
If anyone else wants to confuse me, now would be a good time to do it.

33kzu4x.jpg
Go for it! 300W will do a fine job; we're just trying to confuse ya ;-)

Last edited:
Sorry. I agree with perhaps adding to the confusion. I am however correct. I said that because I firmly believe that everyone must understand ohm's law and that is what I was illustrating. With that understanding, there would be no questions here. It's not that hard. :) E=IR, or as in this case I=E/R.
You're correct if you're talking about resistance, but my point was that the discussion was about power, not resistance; Ohm's law says P=IE, so in that context as the voltage goes up the current goes down, not up.

The OP thought that since 30VA meant 3 A at 10V then he needed a transformer to handle 3A at 117V (>300VA), so I thought it worth while to mention that when you're talking power as the voltage goes up the current goes *down*.

And you get a colour picture too! It means you have quite a decent TV set, even if you operate it through composite video which is quite easier to handle than RF signal.

Back