• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Victor 9k / Sirius 1 Software

@1302L That's actually not an audio out card but an audio in card. All the Victor's and Sirius 1's shipped with a speaker. The expectation was that you'd hear any sound via the built in speaker. That's a microphone in port that's used for recording audio into the Victor. There's already documentation for it on bitsavers here http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/victor/victor9000/Victor_9000_Audio_Tool_Kit_II.pdf, and the software for it is here: https://archive.org/details/victor9k-audio-toolkit. The speaker came built-in but the microphone input was extra. I believe the thinking went that only a small select few would be making audio files, while many would be consuming it.
Hi Paul,
many thanks for this information.
I looked for for the pin - Port on the Main Board on my HDD Victor, but at the place where it is is on the newly purchased there's no place to put it, I don't want to damage anything so I refused to try if it fits in another place.
Cheers,
Martin.

Didn't print too many lines. Did you get a directory or did you get an error? I think you showed DIR worked previously. Also did you previously get X98 (Bad Hard Disk Label) when trying to boot or did you get some other error?

Where did the emulator image you are using come from?

This thread is mixing several things so getting unwieldy to track. We may want to start a separate thread.

Also the files you attached only have some of the emulator output. Did you use the script command which should have had all or did you capture some other way? If some other way is this all the output related to the commands you ran?

Bad thing is the low seek times went away so debug output doesn't show what I was hoping to see. If you can find any way of triggering the low seek times that's what I was hoping to see.

Did the L command trying to read single sector work for any sector address? Did it work with the previous software version? What error is reported if it doesn't work?
Hi djg, thanks, you're right, I will open a new thread for the emulation discussion..

Best,

Martin.

Back